- The Commission gives you £2000 in funding. This must cover all design costs, materials, install and de-stall.
- Submissions must show a full colour design in correct proportions relevant to the actual mural: 14m wide x 4m high.
- Submissions must include all personal contact details, your connection to the relevant art institution and no more than 400 words about your design and the concept behind it.
- Work can be personal to that artist and doesn't need to follow a direct 'theme' - the commission is looking for varied work which is eye-catching and is suitable to its place.
- Work doesn't have to be solely 2D - you may incorporate relief elements but remember your £2000 must be inclusive of this.
- You must have Public Liability insurance to install your mural.
- The winning artist must commit to 1 x 1/2 day of community / educational / artist talk delivery event. You will be supported by studioTAC to realise this.
- There is an opportunity for any artist to submit their work to win the commission - it just depends which bracket you fall into and the associated submission dates: For example if you don't belong to the chosen institutions you can enter the open call
EDITION 2/5 BON VOLKS STUDIOS, MARGATE
EDITION 2/5 will come from Bon Volks, an artist studio in Margate with a wealth of varied talent. The commission is an open call and any Bon Volks member can enter. The winner of the commission will be selected by a panel comprising of studioTAC, Dreamland program curator Rebecca Ellis and an established guest artist chosen by Ross and Rachel from Bon Volks.
THIS SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
Mural must be completed and installed by March 30th 2018 in time for the Dreamland Opening Party and will be displayed for 2 months. De-stall date to be arranged by winner / studioTAC
EDITION 3/5 RESORT STUDIOS / OSE, MARGATE
EDITION 3/5 will come from an important Margate institution, Resort Studios. One of the 'first' community studios to pop up in Margate, Resort has paved the way for countless more. There is a huge range of creatives working in Resort from Architects to fashion designers and everything in between so we expect a varied submission.
Attached to Resort is OPEN SCHOOL EAST, a free artistic programme that provides tuition and space to emerging artists with the aim to foster a more open culture of art and community. The resulting work is contemporary and the prospect of submissions from the OSE associates is an exciting one.
Design submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th March 2018 - Winner will be announced 5th April 2018
Mural must be completed and installed by 25th May 2018 and will be displayed for 2 months. De-stall date to be arranged by winner / studioTAC
EDITION 4 /5 SPIKE ISLAND, BRISTOL
EDITION 4 / 5 will come from Bristol based Spike Island.
Spike island is an international centre for the development of contemporary art and design. A vibrant hub for production, presentation and debate, it invites audiences to engage directly with creative practices through participation and discussion.
Support will be given in terms of accommodation and logistical planning from studioTAC for the winner.
Design submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by 15th May 2018 - Winner will be announced by the end of May 2018
Mural must be completed and installed by July 21st 2018 and will be displayed for 2 months. De-stall date to be arranged by winner / studioTAC
EDITION 5/5 OPEN CALL, COUNTRY WIDE
MURAL-BY-THE-SEA has Margate at it's epicentre but recognises the importance of inviting submissions from any artist in any part of the country and a winner will be selected from these submissions. Support will be given in terms of accommodation and logistical planning from studioTAC for the winner.
Design submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th July 2018 - Winner will be announced by the end of July 2018
Mural must be completed and installed by 10th September 2018 and will be displayed for 2 months minimum. De-stall date to be arranged by winner / studioTAC